Last month I participated in the Living Well Spending Zero (#LWSZ) challenge. I knew going into it that not spending anything was not going to be an option for me, however, I did keep an open mind to learning some new ways to get a better “grip” on my spending.
What I came away with:
- know your spending “triggers” and wait 24-48 hours before purchasing – sometimes that feeling will pass
- waiting has its benefits – you may score a great deal if you wait a bit before buying
- there are great low-no cost options available if you do some research (Pinterest or Instagram)
- we tend to do “easy” because it’s convenient but there is a lot of pride in creating something yourself
- be intentional with purchases, know what purpose the item(s) have before you buy so there’s less “buyers remorse”
until next time . . .